Vaccinate Western New York
Western New York
ATTENTION: HAIOU Needle Issues and Replacement
Attention COVID19 Vaccination Providers:
Due to reported issues with HAIOU needles bending or breaking, use of these needles has been discontinued. Please remove any HAIOU needles from your inventory. This brand is no longer being added to ancillary kits but it is important to check current inventory and new shipments for the next few weeks.
To request replacement needles, please email the *following information to email@example.com with a subject line of: HAIOU needle replacement request.
*Include your contact name, facility name, pin #, full delivery address (street/city/state/zip), and quantity of each size (1” or 1.5”). Requests should be made only to replace the quantity of unused HAIOU needles.
The defective needles will NOT need to be shipped back and should be discarded once replacements arrive.
NYS Department of Health
Thank You Providers
While the VAX WNY Hub continues to partner with NYS and local health departments on Covid-19 Vaccine efforts, as of June 1, this website will no longer be updated. For your convenience, we have posted links below:
The Region 10- Vaccinate WNY HUB thanks you for serving as an enrolled provider. You and your teams are instrumental in achieving the goal to vaccinate as many of our community members as possible, safely, efficiently and equitably.
This page is specifically created for you to:
- Link you directly to the NYS Vaccine guidance and directives website.
- Quickly notify the HUB and Community of your contact information and appointment status via one simple electronic form. As we anticipate and prepare for increased vaccination distribution, through this website we will be able to update the on availability by region, county and specific location.
Reference tools within a POD
- CDC Checklist – Best Practices for Vaccination Clinics
- CDC – Clinical Considerations
- CDC – COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Errors and Deviations
- V-Safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- CDC What to Expect after Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
- CDC Vaccines (Shots) are One of the Tools We Have to Fight the COVID-19 Pandemic
- NYS DOH COVID-19 Vaccine Form
- NYS DOH COVID-19 Immunization Screening and Consent Form
- NYS Pfizer Standing Order Template
- NYS Moderna Standing Order Template
- NYS Jansen Standing Order Template
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Care Givers – EUA Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers Administering Vaccine – EUA Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Care Givers – EUA Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers Administering Vaccine – EUA Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers – EUA of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers Administering Vaccine – EUA of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
- Reporting an adverse event in VAERS
- Vaccinate with Confidence – CDC
- Answering Your Questions About the New COVID-19 Vaccines – CDC
Optional reference documents to assist operations within a POD
Reference tools outside a POD
Toolkits based on NYS DOH guidance
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Redistribution
- NYS DOH COVID-19 Vaccination Program Redistribution FAQs
- COVID-19 Vaccine Transport Guidance and Tracking Sheet
Second Dose Materials
Additional important information
- All individuals receiving a vaccine must be observed for 15 minutes post vaccination
- There needs to be an anaphylactic kit available
- Be prepared to call 911 for anaphylaxis